Origin of Spaces DOODle – Day 3
Ecological Transitions – Lead Partner Darwin Bordeaux
Summary; Our lead partner describes its’ own Ecological Transitions as follows;
Darwin-Ecosystem in Bordeaux France, created in 2012, has the objective to practice a new way of working. The tenants’ association “Les Darwiniens”, as initiator, coordinator and partner of ‘The Origin of Spaces’, envisions sharing its collection of experiences on ecological transition, and its potential for creating a cohesive and resilient ecosystem.
Among the various shared values in Darwin’s work, culture and leisure community, the objective of ecological transition is the most emblematic, and one that has attracted many committed members. However not every hub project has the same scale or means. Displaying ecological transition values is one thing, but implementing them is quite another. Can sharing a printer, separating waste, certified eco-renovation, even the online monitoring of resource consumption, as alternative eco-practices, be implemented at scale?
Following 12 months of internal and external consultation, sessions with 12 pivotal initiators, and 30 representatives of eco-business and other sectors commenting on the project themes, Darwin’s ecological transition grew from a popular message to a measured mind-and-action-set.
When asking ourselves how to create a Third Place that could change environmental habits on a daily basis, and wondering how to enrol peers to engage in new responsible ways of managing hybrid sites, the experiences of Darwin-Ecosystem provide valuable practical insights.
Key Points in Ecological Transitions (Darwin)
- Designed as an Ecosystem
- Practical New Way of Working
- Tenants Association based
- Collection of experiences on ecological transition
- Based on a Cohesive and resilient eco-system
- Shared values concerning ecological transition
- Developing ecological transition as an implementation model
- Collaborative development of a “measured mind and action set”
- Creating Third Places to change environmental habits
- Enrolling peers to engage in managing hybrid sites (Third Places)
Key Aspect of Ecological Transitions at Darwin is point 8 “Collaborative development of a “measured mind and action set”
Questions for discussion
- Are these the 10 key aspects of Ecological Transitions?
- What points would you like to know more about?
- Do you have your own Ecological Transitions project and do you have any information about it to share with us?
- Do you know of any other useful information about Ecological Transitions?
Background Information on the Origin of Spaces project in the presentation CoCreating CoWorking Spaces. Wikipedia definitions available for CoWorking, Partnerships, Ecological Transitions (Ecosystem) and Third Place. Comments also welcome on both Multidisciplinary CoWorking and Local Partnerships.
As our partner ZAWP says; Share your practice with us!